28 Easy Ways to Create Romantic Moments on Your Cruise Vacation (with images)
Cruises are the perfect setting for romance with so many ways to traditionally and also uniquely create and celebrate your love and relationship.
When I learned that February was "Creative Romance Month," I wanted my agency to celebrate with our own take on it. Voila.... "Romance at Sea!" And what better way to do that than to challenge myself to come up with 28 days of posts on our Facebook page that would offer suggestions on how you can create your own romantic experiences on your next cruise vacation?
<GULP> Twenty-eight ways.
Guess what? By the time I was halfway through planning for the month, I had realized there aren't enough days to cover all of the many ways you can create those romantic moments on your cruise. But 28 was the project, and I'm sharing all of those results with you here.
So put your seatbelt on because you are about to speed through a month of ideas. Here we go!
28 Ideas for Creating Romance at Sea
Breakfast in bed. A quick kiss in the elevator. Specialty dining. Christmas Markets on AmaWaterways. Hold hands. Movies Under the Stars on Princess Cruises.
1. Breakfast in bed for two. Most cruise lines offer room service breakfast. It may be made to order on a card you check off and put on your outer doorknob the previous night.
2. Alone in the elevator for a few seconds? How about a quick, spontaneous kiss?
3. Try dinner for two in one of your ship's specialty dining venues. They are always smaller, more intimate, offer upgraded cuisine and a romantic setting.
4. Stroll the Christmas Markets and shop for a unique ornament on a Christmas Markets river cruise. Markets like these in Nuremberg on an AmaWaterways' Danube River sailing.
5. Hold hands when walking around the ship.
6. Snuggle under a blanket with popcorn and your honey to watch a movie out on the deck on a Princess Cruises' ship.
Learn to hula dance together.
7. Take a hula class together on your Hawaiian cruise.
Get matching leis. Get your nighttime photo with Budapest in the background on an AmaWaterways Danube cruise. Go glamping on a Celebrity Flora Galápagos Islands sailing. Explore the ocean by snorkeling together on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
8. Get lei’d together on one of the islands during your Hawaiian cruise.
9. Sailing on the Danube River aboard an AmaWaterways ship? Ask a fellow passenger to get a photo of you and your honey as you pass the iconic Hungarian Parliament building in Budapest.
10. Let's set up a reservation for the two of you to go "glamping" on your Celebrity Floria cruise to the Galápagos Islands. Imagine a night of stars in between a romantic evening and breakfast as the sun rises.
11. Go snorkeling together in one of the Caribbean ports on your Royal Caribbean cruise.
Explore the earth on a Viking Expedition Cruise. Stroll in Central Park on Royal Caribbean. Soak together in the region's beauty on Viking Ocean Cruises' infinity pool. Leave a love lock. Picnic on a Celebrity Cruises' Lawn Club. Ride together on a Royal Caribbean merry-go-round.
12. Experience the raw beauty of Antarctica together on a Viking Expedition Cruise.
13. Take an evening stroll, hand in hand, under the stars and the twinkling lights of Central Park on a Royal Caribbean Oasis-Class ship.
14. Float your cares away as the two of your watch the wake of the ship from the infinity pool on the back of your Viking Ocean Cruise.
15. Is there a Love Lock Bridge or Love Lock Fence in one of your ports? Celebrate your love by writing your names on the lock. Attach your Love Lock to the bridge or fence and throw away the key.
16. Have a picnic on the ship's grass. No, really. There's honest-to-goodness real grass "Lawn Club" on Celebrity Cruises' Solstice-Class ships. You can have a romantic picnic on Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette, and Solstice.
17. Get your inner child on together. Ride the merry-go-round on Royal Caribbean's Allure, Harmony, Oasis, Symphony, or Wonder of the Seas. You'll find them in the Boardwalk neighborhood of those Royal Caribbean ships.
Share experiencing the wildlife of the Galápagos Islands.
18. Enjoy the courtship rituals of the wildlife on your Galapagos Cruise. Like the mating dance of the waved albatross. Maybe it will inspire you to create your own courtship dance to remind yourself of the adventure.
Be awed together by Glacier Bay in Alaska. Grab a map and make your own day in a port. Get a selfie with one of the unique sculptures on a Royal Caribbean ship. Renew your vows on a Princess Cruise.
18. Enjoy the views of Glacier Bay with your partner from the privacy of your balcony or out on deck when cruising aboard a Princess Cruises' ship in Alaska. Take a couple of selfies with a glacier in the background.
19. Do a little homework for highlights, grab a map, and set out on an adventure together.
20. Go "sculpture hunting" together on your Royal Caribbean cruise. "Capture" your hunt with a photo, like this one of "balloon man" on Oasis of the Seas.
21. Renew your vows or get married on your cruise. Invite family and friends for a bigger celebration. Perhaps on a Princess Cruises ship?
Build memories together as you explore Venice, Italy.
22. Explore St. Mark's Square in Venice. Soak it all in as you see the Basilica and Doge's Palace (at least get Skip the Line tickets if not on a tour), the people, and the sites. And be sure to relax at a cafe to round out your day.
Watch the world go by on a Viking Ocean Cruise. Share in a couple's massage. Tour Claude Monet's romantic Giverny on a Seine River cruise. Propose in an iconic or unique place. Enjoy the vibrant colors of a Netherlands tulip farm on an AmaWaterways river cruise. Sip from a shared coconut.
23. Kick back with a cup of tea or glass of your favorite adult beverage as the two of you watch the world go by from the Explorers' Lounge on a Viking Ocean Cruise ship. Share the telescope to share close-up views of your world.
24. Relax, connect with yourselves and each other with a couples massage.
25. Tour Giverny when you are on your Viking River Cruise sailing France's Seine River. What could be more romantic than wandering Claude Monet's house, water garden, and flower garden? Were they an inspiration for his art, or was his art inspiration for his home?
26. Propose. Either more traditionally over dinner or during some other experience or place on the ship or in a port, a special relationship should be marked by a special proposal.
27. Count the tulips together. Kidding! There are too many to count, and it's better to just let this be a feast for your eyes. Book one of AmaWaterways' tours in the Netherlands that include the rich colors of tulips at a tulip farm.
28. Share refreshing coconut water together in a Caribbean or South Pacific island port.
There are countless more ways to celebrate romance and your relationship on your next cruise. What would be special to you and your partner?
When booking your next cruise, remember to contact us. Using Connie George Travel Associates to book your cruise costs you no more than booking directly with the line. In fact, we may be lower. One thing is for sure- we’re not beholden to following their headquarter’s rules about promoting their own products.
A good cruise specialist agency looks at what’s best for your interests, not that of the line signing their weekly paycheck.
P.S. If you liked this post, feel free to click the red heart ❤️ below and share it with your friends.