AmaMagna- Europe’s Largest & Most Unique Riverboat
Updated: Aug 29
AmaWaterways’ AmaMagna offers a luxurious but unpretentious European river cruising experience. Thanks to AmaMagna’s size and the special attention that went into designing her, this ship has been redefining the European river cruise experience for her guests since her 2019 inaugural.
This luxury ship is not only the largest ship owned by AmaWaterways but is also the largest of any ship sailing on the Danube River. Yet, AmaMagna offers small spaces that maintain the intimate atmosphere of the more traditionally sized river ships.
Her 443-foot length may be the only “average” thing about her. It’s her 72-foot width that’s double that of traditional European riverboats which makes her exceptional.
Benefits of AmaMagna's size- Double the width, double the fun!
That extra space allows for more cabins, more activities, and more public areas offering an extraordinary riverboat experience. Let’s look at what AmaMagna has to offer for you as her guest:
Four unique dining venues offering culinary variety to enjoy at no extra cost:
The Main Restaurant- The only restaurant not requiring dinner reservations. This restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch (buffet) and for dinner which has a daily changing menu.
The Al Fresco Restaurant- Also open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This new restaurant offers a great ambiance and views with its floor-to-ceiling windows. If the weather’s good and AmaMagna’s not sailing, they open the windows.
The Chef’s Table- Open for dinner with a set tasting menu that’s popular among AmaWaterways’ fans. This meal is an experience. With the open-kitchen concept, you can watch the chef prepare your meals. The multi-course food is renowned for being both very tasty and extremely well-plated.
Jimmy’s Wine Bar & Restaurant- This is a new family-style meal with you seated at long wooden tables. The bowls and platters of food to pass around will be from the Main Restaurant’s menu. Think “Thanksgiving family meal” minus the Thanksgiving foods.
The expansive Zen Wellness Studio, a gym much larger than most found on riverboats. With workout machines, weights, and a resistance trainer indoors along with exercise bikes out on deck for some “breeze in your hair” cycling on the ship.
Full-size pickleball court to keep practicing your sport or take the opportunity to learn the game.
Heated pool with whirlpool to relax between fun-filled days in port.
Five bars including the Sky Bar by the pool on Sun Deck give you multiple places to relax with or without a drink with your traveling companions or to get to know other guests.
The Cinema is a cozy movie theater where you can view a film or play video games with companions.
98 staterooms, more than any other ship sailing European rivers. These include a greater variety of accommodation options: 205 sq. ft. oceanview cabins, 252 sq. ft. balcony cabins, and suites ranging from 355 sq. ft. to 710 sq. ft. There are 19 staterooms able to hold triple or quad occupancy and 16 connecting cabins.
Occupancy of 196 passengers. That’s comparable to some of our most intimate, luxury ocean cruise ships such as Silversea Cruises’ Silver Endeavor which can hold 200 or a little smaller than Scenic Eclipse’s 220 guests.
Where does AmaMagna Sail?
AmaWaterways is known for its themed river cruises and immersive experiences for guests, and AmaMagna is no exception. AmaMagna operates five and seven-day itineraries on the Danube River with sailings year-round visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia. Sailings include the very popular Christmas Market itineraries which are especially attractive to our clients.
Is AmaMagna the Right Fit for You?
She’s a beautiful ship with a lot to offer. Anyone looking for an Ama cruise should enjoy time on her. But for these six types of people, AmaMagna could be a perfect match:
1) Past guests on ocean cruises. You have enjoyed ocean cruises, but are concerned that a river boat won’t offer enough for you to do. Because of her large size, you’ll enjoy space and activities.
2) People who are active. You don’t have to be physically active to enjoy sailing with AmaWaterways, but if you are active, it’s likely the best European riverboat option. They offer shore excursions for people of various activity levels including guided biking and hiking tours. Due to AmaMagna’s larger size, she offers more exercise equipment in the larger fitness center than is available on Ama’s other riverboats. Wellness classes aboard AmaMagna include Pilates, Yoga, Stretch, Spinning, Circuit Training.
3) Families. AmaMagna offers 16 connecting cabins and cabins for up to four sharing together.
4) Groups. AmaMagna can easily accommodate groups as small as five cabins up to a full ship charter of 196 guests. With more intimate lounges and dining venues, the space can be perfect for groups to enjoy each other’s company or to break down into smaller gatherings depending on the group’s needs.
5) People who need options. River cruise ships normally have 1-2 restaurants and 1-2 bars. As mentioned above, AmaMagna has four restaurants plus five bars. You’ll enjoy the variety. She also has more accommodation types than many of her fellow ships so you can choose what’s best for your preferences.
6) Past Ama Guests. Ama has a loyal following. Sometimes it’s nice to change things up a bit. How about a switch from a traditional riverboat cruise to AmaMagna?
Some of the inclusions in your AmaMagna European river experience are:
Unlimited fine wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
Complimentary meals in the Main Dining Room and all specialty restaurants
Bottled water replenished daily
At least one complimentary shore excursion in each port
And so much more!
Are you ready to plan your river cruise? You can click here to view itineraries and ships. I’d like to help you or your group’s next cruise. Let’s talk about making it special.
Mention this offer when booking your AmaMagna cruise with Connie George Travel Associates: “I read your article about AmaMagna. I’d like to book with you and receive your free offer of paying for our gratuities to the staff.” By the way, that’s a savings of $165 per person!